Co-op cuts price of pet cover
The Co-op is offering 25% off all pet insurance policies bought online until October 31st 2012.
Lee Mooney, head of pet insurance at The Co-operative Insurance, said:
“In Summer, like humans, animals are more active which can increase the risk of injury and are also more susceptible to allergies, such as hayfever which can require medical treatment.
“Keeping pets safe in the sun is extremely important for their health and wellbeing. Like humans, animals need to be given access to cool, shady environments and kept well hydrated throughout the year, but especially when temperatures are high.”
The Co-operative Pet Insurance top tips for looking after pets in the summer months:
– Never leave your pet in the car
– if you need to nip to the shops, leave your pet at home as the heat in enclosed spaces such as cars can quickly become stifling and dangerous
– Ensure that your pet has adequate water supplies
– place bowls of water throughout the house and take a bottle of water and bowl with you when you take your pet for a walk
– Keep food fresh
– in warmer weather bacteria on food grows more quickly so ensure that your pets’ food bowl is washed and replenished regularly
– Walk pets in the early morning or late evening when temperatures are generally lower
– Groom your pet regularly, this will not only decrease the likelihood of them carrying ticks and fleas but will also cool them down
– Check labels on weed killers and insecticides as many can be harmful to household pets if not used in a controlled manner