Sky launches small business broadband – creating 1,000 new jobs
Sky says ‘Sky Connect’ will partner with small businesses to provide them with a better broadband experience. This will include purpose-built business products, exceptional service, simple pricing and no hidden fees.
A customer charter will include a 30-day money back guarantee, simplified billing, no in-contract price rises, and ‘no hassle cancellation fees’.
Sky Connect will provide superfast broadband with built-in malware and phishing protection, a digital voice service, and 4G back-up.
The launch of Sky Connect has already led to the creation of 200 new jobs, including more than 100 in Sky’s Leeds contact and operations centre. Sky says it will lead to the creation of up to 1,000 more in sales, service and in head office over the next few years.
Stephen van Rooyen, CEO for UK and Europe at Sky, said: “Covid-19 has had a huge impact on small British businesses, with many moving online to survive. We’re launching Sky Connect now, and plan to create up to a thousand new jobs across the UK, because we know British businesses will come out fighting and we want to be there to help.
“Small businesses are the growth engine of our economy and we believe they deserve better – better products and technology, clearer contracts, and exceptional customer service.”
Paul Scully MP, minister for small business, consumers and corporate responsibility, said: “The pandemic has been a huge challenge for small businesses but it has also shown the entrepreneurial spirit which Britain is renowned for, with firms adapting and shifting their operations online to access new markets and fresh opportunities.
“This commitment from Sky to create a simpler, better broadband experience for small businesses will make a real difference to many, and it is great that more than 1,000 jobs will be created as a result too.”
What will Sky Connect offer?
Sky Connect will provide businesses with a choice of three ‘Business Advantage’ packages on flexible 12, 24 and 36-month contracts. The deals will feature combinations of the following products and services:
* Superfast broadband with speeds up to 76 Mbps
* Secure 4G backup enabling business continuity in case of a broadband outage
* Business grade phone solution with 24 call management features and unlimited UK calling included as standard in all packages
* Private WiFi providing secure internet access
* Public WiFi available as an add-on service
* Phishing and malware protection to protect against malicious websites
* International call packs enabling calls to 48 countries, fixed and mobile
* Static IP available for businesses that prefer to host their own servers