Ten bizarre pet insurance claims
However, Asda has today published a list of the most bizarre claims to have been filed by Asda Money pet insurance holders.
- Swallowing a sewing needle and thread
- Eating ibuprofen and paracetamol
- Chewing on batteries
- Swallowing rat poison
- Eating a heat pad
- Drinking drain cleaner
- Munching on magnets and eating the bristles from a wire brush
- Eating a pill bottle (and its entire contents)
- Swallowing a kebab stick whole
- Falling from a 4th floor window
Asda’s research also revealed that over half (57 per cent) of pet owners don’t have pet insurance in place.
“Pets have become such an important part of our families, it can be easy to forget that day to day household items can actually cause them harm,” said Michael Turner, head of Insurance at Asda Money. “Our research shows the importance of insuring our cats and dogs as we never know what trouble they may get themselves into that could result in a huge unexpected vet bill.”