EasyJet Holidays offers ‘Protection Promise’
According to EasyJet Holidays, more than 33 million Brits have had their travel plans disrupted by Covid-19. However, nearly a quarter (24%) still intend to go on holiday abroad before the end of the year.
The company’s research, published in a report titled Taking the Temperature: Consumer holiday trends in 2020 and beyond found that more than half (53%) of Brits were only willing to book a holiday abroad if they felt confident their money would be protected.
Almost two in five (38%) are willing to quarantine for two weeks on their return in order to get away, with just over one in five (21%) saying that not having a holiday or break away has affected their mood.
EasyJet Holidays found that 46% of holidaymakers are concerned about not being able to get a refund if a holiday can’t go ahead, while 38% are worried about losing money if they need to change their travel plans.
EasyJet Holidays says its new Protection Promise is a long-term customer policy has been introduced in addition to the short-term commitments the company has in place to support customers’ bookings impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
This has included a promise to cancel any holidays where there is a known quarantine or self-isolation requirement in the destination. The company says any customer refunds have been processed in an average of 12 days.
What does the Protection Promise include?
- Refund guarantee: If you change your mind, EasyJet Holidays will give you a full refund, including your deposit in credit, up to 28 days before departure and free of fees.
- Take your time: EasyJet Holidays customers can pay for their holiday in instalments with no fees and only pay in full 28 days before they travel, giving them flexibility if plans change.
- Best price guarantee: If an EasyJet Holidays customer finds the same holiday cheaper elsewhere, it will beat the price.
- Freedom to change: Customers can change their holiday if things change and there are no fees for changes made online until 28 days before departure.
- Keep your deposit: Holidaymakers won’t lose their deposit if plans change up to 28 days from departure.
Matt Callaghan, customer director at EasyJet holidays, says: “Consumer confidence in holidays abroad has taken a huge hit this year and travellers have different priorities now when it comes to booking a trip. With the restrictions continuing to change, the industry must step up and adapt to this new reality to rebuild consumer trust.
“That’s why we’re launching our new Protection Promise, setting a benchmark for customer flexibility in the industry and encouraging travellers to book their holidays with the reassurance that if things change they are protected. And this isn’t a short-term move, this is a fundamental change to what customers can expect whenever they book with EasyJet holidays.”