How to save up to £268 on airport parking
The parking comparison site reviewed pricing across its platform for the first week of the summer holidays (29 July to 5 August) for every UK airport.
It found parking prices for the week ranged from £40.99 to £336, depending on the airport.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, the airports around London charge the most for parking with Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted all charging more than £200 at the top end of their pricing and up to £80 at the bottom end.
People travelling from Heathrow are charged the most for leaving their vehicle at the airport for a week with the most expensive parking space costing £336.
Holidaymakers in Scotland are likely to pick up the best deals with the cheapest pricing for the week ranging from £41 to £45.
Airport Parking Shop also found that there are currently some strong parking deals in the market, with discounts of up to £225 available.
How to get the best deal on airport parking
- Book ahead: Turning up at the last minute without booking is a sure fire way to end up paying over the odds. Even booking on the day of travel can save you money, while booking further in advance can save you up to a third of the headline price.
- Shop around: The best price may not appear on a company’s own website. To make sure you don’t pay too much, use a price comparison site which compares prices from the major providers at the airport you’re flying from.
- Think about timings: Meet and greet can be convenient but park and ride is usually cheaper. But be aware that it might mean dropping off a vehicle 15 minutes away from the airport and catching a bus into the terminal. If you have an early morning flight, it may be more convenient to stay at a nearby hotel offering car parking facilities.
- Be safe: Always take a note of the mileage on your car when you leave it, so you can be sure no one has taken your car for a ride in your absence. Always take the car park contact details with you and don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle while you are away.
- Check the cancellation policy: Check the terms and conditions to see if you can cancel and get a full refund if necessary.