NHS prescription charges to rise from April
Prescriptions will go up by 15p to £9.15 for each medicine or appliance dispensed.
The cost of prescription pre-payment certificates (PPC) – a ‘season ticket’ for patients who know they’ll have to pay for a lot of prescriptions – will also rise.
A three-month PPC will increase by 55p to £29.65 and a 12-month PPC will go from £104 to £105.90.
The Department of Health and Social Care said the price rises are in line with inflation.
Charges for wigs and fabric supports will also go up in line with inflation:
- Surgical brassiere: £30.05
- Abdominal or spinal support: £45.35
- Stock modacrylic wig: £74.15
- Partial human hair wig: £196.40
- Full bespoke human hair wig: £287.20