What funds did DIY investors buy in Q2?
The fund returned 43.1% over the period as investors seeking a “safe haven” from market volatility benefited from a rise in the gold price.
HSBC American Index, a passive vehicle which tracks the S&P 500 index, was the second most bought fund, dropping one place from the previous quarter.
Income-focused funds occupied the next four positions on the table: Fidelity MoneyBuilder Income, Artemis Global Income, Axa Global High Income and First State Global Listed Infrastructure, all of which seek to provide a good level of yield.
Also making an appearance on the list were specialist funds Henderson Global Technology and BlackRock Global Property Securities Equity Tracker.
Most bought funds in Q2:
- BlackRock Gold & General
- HSBC American Index Fund Income
- Fidelity MoneyBuilder Income
- Artemis Global Income
- Axa Global High Income
- First State Global Listed Infrastructure
- Henderson Global Technology
- BlackRock Global Property Securities Equity Tracker
- Schroder US Mid Cap
- MFM Slater Growth
- Liontrust UK Smaller Companies