Get Virgin Red points for switching to a Virgin Money current account
Virgin Red is Virgin’s new rewards club where members can earn points on everyday spending, and then spend the points on Virgin purchases and at selected retailers.
Virgin Red members can earn 15,000 Virgin points when they switch to the Virgin Money current account via the Virgin Red app.
To get the points, members need to:
- Apply online from the Virgin Red app or website for the Virgin Money current account and follow the steps within 31 days of account opening.
- Complete a full bank switch using the Current Account Switch Service.
- Download and register for the Virgin Money mobile banking app.
- Transfer or set-up at least two Direct Debits from the new account.
- Credit their linked Instant Access Savings Account with at least £1,000 and keep this in the account until Virgin Money sends the Virgin Red promo code.
What does the Virgin Money current account offer?
The Virgin Money current account pays 2% gross interest on balances up to £1,000.
A linked Instant Access Savings Account pays 0.5% AER interest.
The debit card which comes with the current account is fee-free to use abroad.
What will 15,000 points buy?
Here are a few examples of what 15,000 Virgin Points can buy:
- At home chocolate truffle making class (Virgin Experience Days), learn a language online (Virgin Experience Days), and Four Roses Original Bourbon (Virgin Wines)
- Six bottles of prosecco (Virgin Wines), a charity donation (Virgin Money Giving), and five sausage rolls at three hot drinks at Greggs
- Theatre and dinner for two (Virgin Experience Days)
- Relaxing pamper day with three treatments for two people (Virgin Experience Days).
How to earn Virgin Red points
Virgin Red members can:
- Switch their energy to Octopus Energy and receive up to 7,400 points
- Shop with their favourite retailers and earn Virgin Points by shopping via Virgin Red or Flying Club’s Shops Away.
- Collect Virgin Points on every purchase with the Virgin Money powered Virgin Atlantic credit card.
- Earn double points when using the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card to shop with a number of retailers via the Virgin Red app or Flying Club’s Shops Away.
Kelly Best, CMO at Virgin Red, said: “We are thrilled to be able to offer our members this amazing Virgin Money exclusive where they can earn an incredible 15,000 Virgin Points upon switching their current account.
“A Virgin Red member can earn enough points to reach NYC in no time by simply switching to a Virgin Money current account and switching to Octopus Energy – no other loyalty programme makes it that easy.”
- Watchdog’s Farage-inspired ‘de-banking’ review reveals a million adults have no current account
- Lucky TSB and First Direct customers to win up to £12,500 cash prize
- Virgin Money doubles reward credit card bonus points: How does it stack up?
- More than £250bn in UK current accounts making no interest at all