RBS confirms more bank branch closures
A total of 11 branches will close in England, with one in Scotland this October. It takes the Royal Bank of Scotland branch network down to 90 once the latest October closures are factored in.
Here’s the full list of branches set to close between 4 and 19 October 2022:
- 51 Midsummer Place, Milton Keynes – 4 October
- Edinburgh Stockbridge – 4 October
- 119-121 Victoria Street, London – 5 October
- 144 New Street, Birmingham – 6 October
- 5 Church Street, Sheffield – 11 October
- 4 Standishgate, Wigan – 11 October
- 31 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne – 12 October
- 56 Chestergate, Macclesfield – 12 October
- 46-48 Deansgate, Bolton – 13 October
- 97 Fishergate, Preston – 18 October
- 1 Dale Street, Liverpool – 19 October
- St Ann Street, Manchester – 19 October.
So far this year, according to data provided to Link, the UK’s cash machine (ATM) network, 325 bank branch closures have been announced by Barclays, Santander, NatWest, Nationwide, Ulster Bank, Lloyds, Halifax, Danske Bank, Lloyds and HSBC.
‘No one is left behind’
A Royal Bank of Scotland spokesperson, said: “As with many industries, most of our customers are shifting to mobile and online banking, because it’s faster and easier for people to manage their financial lives.
“We understand and recognise that digital solutions aren’t right for everyone or every situation, and that when we close branches we have to make sure that no one is left behind.
“We take our responsibility seriously to support the people who face challenges in moving online, so we are investing to provide them with support and alternatives that work for them.”